In January 1940 Stanley Ratcliffe applied for a
job as Lab. Assistant at the Air Ministry Research
Establishment in Dundee when the radar research was
based there. He was appointed to Worth Matravers and
started work on 1st April
1940. He spent much of the war building and using equipment to measure
receiver noise. His contributions to the Penley Radar Archives (link
below) give a personal insight into how the work appeared
to a new recruit!
Stanley stayed with TRE after the war with a career
dedicated to Air Traffic Control.