Mr W.G. Allen joined the Directorate of Communications
Development (DCD) in London in May 1940 and was there throughout the war and
continued there after the war.
This was the Headquarters organisation that dealt with radar work for the
RAF, and Watson-Watt was the original director when he moved to the Air
Ministry in London in 1936.
Mr Allen's memories in the Penley Radar Archives give a good indication of the relationships between the
Establishment and 'HQ' both during the war and subsequently.
Dr Bill Penley