[Work in progress - operational stations around Purbeck]

  
The RAF had operational radar stations at Worth Matravers - the main site also going under the name of Renscombe Down:
    A Chain Home (CH) station with two 240ft. wooden masts on 'A-Site' (see Purbeck section) and
    a Chain Home Low (CHL) station on the clifftop.

These stations continued operation after the radar scientists left in May 1942.  After the war, the sites were used by the RAF as a training station.

  
  
 

copyright Purbeck Radar Museum Trust 2013  |  www.purbeckradar.org.uk  |  version 8f - 9 May 2015

Page last updated: 31 January 2011